Bountiful Benefits To a Vital And Healthy Body
If you want to get healthy, you need incentives, “carrots” to motivate you. There will also be some “sticks”, some of the information will frighten you. We often hear “without your health, you have nothing!” I agree, but few back up their words with actions. Of course you have your own reasons for wanting more health. I have listed below many of the reasons to want to be vibrant. I have discovered these through working with my clients over the years. Why should you want to be healthy?
Energy is the currency of life. Without it you literally have nothing!
As a good summary here are the areas having huge vitality and health will create a better and longer life.
- Family: More energy to play, connect and be with your kids, not being dead-tired after work. Better connection through more attention to each moment.
- Significant Other: More quality time for connecting, laughing as well as an improved and much more satisfying sex life will benefit you and your significant other. I can tell you from personal experience, as my girlfriend is a personal trainer: we have a sex life most 20 year olds would envy both in quality, quantity and joy. Do not underestimate the power of health on your sexual proficiency, appetite and enjoyment. An important piece of advice here: If only one partner becomes vital and healthy and the other does not, disconnections occur which can and often do break couples apart. So, do this as a couple. If your partner does not support your drive to a healthier more vital life you may want to re-evaluate the relationship as your health should be your number 1 priority no matter what or who is there (this may sound radical, but so is cancer).
- Fun: What do you do for fun? If you are not in peak health the odds are high that you don’t enjoy the same variety and intensity of activities you did in your early 20’s when anything was possible. You have also probably bought into the “no one (sane) over X years old does that!” insanity our society propagates. I personally, still ride a dirt bike, jump off small cliffs skiing, snowboard, climb trees, dive from high places, and roughhouse with the kids, run in the woods with my dog, etc. Have you skydived yet? I haven’t but plan to next summer. I can tell you how fun and liberating it is to wear clothes the same size I did in university (20 years ago)!
- Money: A few years ago before my health transformation, I could barely handle my full time job and had little energy for anything else. Today, I do that job, run 2 companies, am writing this book and have plans for hundreds of other things. Without the huge energy I enjoy daily this would be impossible. Think about it, what could you do with an extra quality 3 to 5 hours a day? I’ll bet you, you could make a lot more money! By living healthier you will live longer and have more opportunities for an inheritance. Money is worthless without the energy and health to use it. Ask anyone in a long term care health facility, and take in the movie “The Bucket List”.[i]
- Personal Development: What classes, courses have you been wanting to take but just can’t muster the energy and willpower to do so. Salsa lessons, self improvement classes and martial arts. Weekend seminars to grow. Travelling is so enjoyable when you have limitless energy to explore, visit and see new things. Being able to focus better and longer before tiring while reading a book allows more growth in all other aspects of your life.
- Career: How much more dynamic would you be in the office, in sales or whatever it is you do if you were always there, really there? A lot more! And you would enjoy it more. You could get promoted faster to better positions. It is a fact slimmer/healthier (more vital) people are seen as more industrious and enjoy more career promotions.
“ To lose one’s health renders science null, art inglorious, strength unvailing, wealth useless, and eloquence powerless.” Herophilus C. 300 B.C.